(b) By registering to use the website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this Policy.
DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
(a) White Egg Ltd is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to the website. Whether you are a first-time visitor to the website or a regular user, White Egg Ltd takes your privacy seriously.
(b) We are regulated by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). To ensure compliance:
(i) we keep personal data up to date
(ii) we store and destroy data securely
(iii) we do not collect or retain excessive amounts of data
(iv) we protect data from loss, unauthorised use, misuse and disclosure
(c) For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is White Egg Ltd, Mayfair, London, W1K 6TA.
What information do we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“ Non-personal Information ”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information that is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information about your activity on the Site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information Personal Information which is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may, with reasonable effort, identify an individual. Such information includes:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID), and other information that relates to your activity through the Site.
- White Egg Ltd collects personal information from visitors and customers of Silent Disco Walking Tours who register or make purchases with the website. This includes your name and e-mail address and other information provided at the point of purchase or sign up.
- Instructions on how to register for our mailing list can be obtained from [email protected]
- In other cases, with the exception of ticket purchases no personally identifiable information will be collected from you, unless you contact us
- If any of the information you have submitted to the website changes, please contact [email protected]
How do we receive information about you?
We receive your Personal Information from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide us with your personal details in order to register on our Site;
- When you use or access our Site in connection with your use of our services;
- From third-party providers, services, and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors).
What information do we collect?
We may use the information for the following:
- White Egg Ltd uses the information we collect from ticket purchasers and visitors in order to communicate with you with respect to User Name and Password changes specific to the website and for other communications regarding Silent Disco Walking Tours upcoming promotions, offers and information, as well as information pertaining to your individual tour or booking.
- (b) Your personal information will only be used by White Egg Ltd for the purposes detailed above.
- (c) White Egg Ltd does not share any information other than in compliance with the law. We will release personal information when required to do so by law or by any regulations and other rules to which White Egg Ltd is subject.
- Communicating with you – sending you notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed about our latest updates and services;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Site (see more under “Advertisements”);
- To market our websites and products (see more under “Marketing”);
- For statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
- Hosting and operating our Site;
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalised display of our Site;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and to assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help us retarget any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Site and services;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics, or analytics;
We may also disclose information if we have good reason to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the details provided: [email protected].
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable opportunity. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
a. ‘session cookies’ which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
b. ‘persistent cookies’ which are read-only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period, and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example, to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
c. ‘third-party cookies’ are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third-party analytics companies who monitor and analyse our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Third-party collection of information
How do we safeguard your information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Site and your information.a) The website uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use. However, as no data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
(b) Please remember that other methods of internet communication, such as emails and messages sent via a website, are not secure unless they are encrypted. We take no responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorised access or abuse our Site, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may use a third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you access the Site. This technology uses your information with regards to your use of the Services to serve advertisements to you (e.g., by placing third-party cookies on your web browser).
You may opt out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
We may use your Personal Information such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc., ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors, for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials concerning our services which we believe may interest you.
To respect your right to privacy, within such marketing materials we provide you with the means to opt out of receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site is not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow the use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorisation by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at [email protected].
White Egg Ltd, Mayfair London W1K 6TA
Last Modified 06/07/2020